Saturday, March 13

art, truth, crime and titles

Why "art, truth, crime and me"?

Art: My own hardly lives up to my wishes- while perfectionism does have its benefits, comfort with one's own work is not one of them- but I persevere and really love looking at others' work. Beauty will be one of the staples of this blog, whether it is mine, other's or found.

Truth: "The unexamined life is not worth living," or so saith Socrates. Life is always worth living, but I must say that truth is the only thing worth fighting for, and life is a fight. The truth is always more exciting, anyway.

Crime: Real crime is exhausting. It is hard, unglamorous work for our civil servants, the leak that drains the economy, the rubber band that slowly cuts off the circulation of morals throughout society. I am a criminal justice major, not because I am chasing the false glamour of TV crime shows, but because of the way crime shows the heart of humanity.

Me: Never, ever forget to take into account your source. You get twice as much information that way.

I hope that was informative! I kept my little explainations brief, but found that I have a lot to say about each of these subjects, so more will come. Enjoy Life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria,
Very interesting discription of crime. Very deep.
Love Ya, Mom Mom