Friday, March 12

Salutations!

Well, I suppose this is my cue to step confidently into the spotlight and make a low, sweeping bow. Welcome! Thankyou very much for making your way towards my humble stage. The lights are so bright that I can't see any of you, but I assure you that I am painfully aware of my own visibility, and the fact that I am now in plain view of the untold masses of beings with internet connections. I am rather nervous, actually. I have wanted to begin a blog for some time now, to share my musings, display my artwork, make some friends, and encourage myself to write frequently, but there always seemed to be some excuse not to.

There will always be excuses. For everything in life. Especially if it is worth doing. If I can't get myself to start a blog, how am I supposed to earn a car, learn to hang-glide, travel the world or get a dog, not to mention get a life? So here I am, and pleased to be here, too.

I hope that you are amused by the writing, find something thought-provoking, enjoy the art, or simply find the thoughts of a young person worth some of your time. I promise to spend time and effort on the writing here, however brief, and make it worth your while. Thankyou!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

What a beautiful visual image you painted with your first words on this blog! I am looking forward to you painting more such word-pictures. Rmember your promise - to write often!

Anonymous said...

Maria,
You continue to amaze with your wonderful words. God gave you a gift and you are using it.
Love Ya, Mom Mom